(for beginners in 1st and 2nd Grade)
A 2-year program,
55 minutes weekly
The Young Musician course introduces beginning students to keyboard performance and note reading in a holistic program, including the organized development of pitch, rhythm, solfege singing, keyboard and movement activities. Parent involvement is an integral part of the program both in class and at home.
Young Musician students progress to the Keyboard Musician Course as follows:
(YOUNG MUSICIAN PREP)
- Optional Introductory CLass
- Four 45-minute classes
- (Offered in Summer & January)
- Four semesters
- 20 weeks per semester
- 55 minutes weekly
- Begins last week of August or first week of February
KEYBOARD MUSICIAN COURSE
- After completing HARMONY ROAD, YOUNG MUSICIAN or KEYBOARD PREP, students may advance to KEYBOARD MUSICIAN to acquire in-depth skills in accompanying, composition, and repertoire
- 4 semesters, 20 weeks per semester, 55 minutes weekly.